Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

This weeks Mod Squad Blog Challenge is called "Tag......You're It!"  in which you create a card with a tag on it. Quite appropriate title!

I started with a basic white card stock from ColorBox in Snow White and then layered a Pale Blue card stock also from Colorbox's Spring Pastels Collection. I don't normally use many tags so I made this one for this card. Its really hard to tell from the lighting in this picture but I used Kodak photo paper and some Distress Inks by Ranger for a different affect. I used Tumbled Glass and Victorian Velvet which resembles a pale pink & blue marble which I thought was lovely for this card. The Bow tied on top is Fushia Sheer Petite Dots ribbon I purchased at Walmart for another project but it matched my color theme perfectly.

 The clear stamp set for the sentiment and butterfly stamped on the tag are from Fiskars "Butterfly Magic" and I used Colorbox ink in pink. 

For just a touch of Wimsey I added 2 pink flowerette brads in the upper left corner of my third layer which is from Ki Memories Bright Geo Paper Pad  before adhering it to the card base and adding my tag. I layered the sentiment on a piece of Pink card stock and added it to the card with Pop Dots for added Dimension.




This was such a fun card to make and I'm sure to be using more tags in the future!

I hope you enjoy this post and have wonderful rest of the week!



3 comments:

  1. Oooh love your card, LOVE your tag! You chose such beautiful colors! Perfect sentiment for your gorgeous butterfly! I also love that pretty pink and polka dot ribbon. Well done. I hope you incorporate more tags in your creations--they're FUN! Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, being new to card making and paper crafts I really am having alot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Love it tucked behind the sentiment like that! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete